Monday, August 17, 2015

A Poem by BZ Niditch


Taking My Chances

Motioning my last poem
from my first sight read
green eyes open notes
played all night
huddled now
by shadows of grackles
in front of my doorway
on a bicycle ride
over my exercises
predicates a new existence
as my alto sax
turn the page
by the summer boats
of last night's attention
in soliciting jazz
as the sea wind opens up
though a window's voice
as an early flotilla goes by
in the home harbor
searching for lobsters.




BZ Niditch is a poet, playwright, fiction writer and teacher.  His work is widely published in journals and magazines throughout the world, including:  Columbia:  A Magazine of Poetry and Art, The Literary Review, Denver Quarterly, Hawaii Review, Le Guepard (France), Kadmos (France), Prism International, Jejune (Czech Republic), Leopold Bloom (Budapest), Antioch Review, and Prairie Schooner, among others.  He lives in Brookline, Massachusetts.

No comments:

Post a Comment