Sunday, September 13, 2015

Three Poems by A.J. Huffman




A Square of White

rag, inanimate
rat, was made to mimic my lack
of success.  A shrouded corpse,
a show, a failure, it drew laughter
and sneers.  I took off my hat.  My audience
married the dark, disappeared. 
I abandoned consciousness as well,
fainted into the filth of waiting
for seconds and chances.



War Is Back In My Inbox

The sents and the receiveds are fighting,
again, for equal rights or maybe just
eye time.  Attention is the gold-
bricked road to salvation in this digital world
of limited space and span.  You are
only as interesting as your subjective tag-
line and a key-trip, finger-flick
away from trash.



Looking Log 003:  Upside Right

I must have hit my head on the way
down, because this place reads
like a rave on a bad acid trip, all smiling
cats and giant androgynous blobs that
dress like caterpillars, but preen
like butterflies.  Jack[off] has yet
to show his fucked-up face
again (no surprise there), so I am
wandering around, a Barbie among
goblins, wondering why the Hell
they hadn’t already crowned me queen.



A.J. Huffman has published eleven solo chapbooks and one joint chapbook through various small presses.  her new poetry collections, Another Blood Jet (Eldritch Press), A Few Bullets Short of Home (mgv2>publishing), and Butchery of the Innocent (Scars Publications) are now available from their respective publishers.  She has two additional poetry collections forthcoming:  Degeneration (Pink Girl Ink) and A Bizarre Burning of Bees (Transcendent Zero Press).  She is a three-time Pushcart Prize nominee, a two-time Best of Net nominee, and has published over 2300 poems in various national and international journals, including Labletter, The James Dickey Review, Bone Orchard, EgoPHobia, and Kritya.  She is also the founding editor of Kind of a Hurricane Press.  www.kindofahurricanepress.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment