Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Poem by De Jackson

  Lake Ache

       Shake
       her veins
and they bleed
             blue;
     saltwater
     fresh, too
     indigo
          turquoise
     aquamarine
      wave
  her long
         -ing
  lost soul
           to saturate
    save.




De Jackson is a parent, a poet and a Pro Crastinator (not necessarily in that order.) She pens ads for money, poems for love, and doodles turquoise in the margins of life because she can’t help herself. She has been known to commune with trees, and she breathes best with inky fingers and salty sea-soaked toes. De scribbles daily at www.whimsygizmo.wordpress.com.

7 comments:

  1. Love It! Big fan of lakes & seas - Lake Erie is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way this rolls off the tongue... great piece, De!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ending, De, "her long-ing lost soul to saturate, save"! Moving piece, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. De, I got lost in the colors and images in this poem! Loved the list of them:
    indigo, turquoise, aquamarine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole time I'm reading and re-reading, the old standard, "Am I Blue" kept running through my mind ... love this De ... excellent as always

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! This is a definite keeper, De. As usual, you demonstrate perfection in few words. The others have pointed out it fantastic parts. I can only add that as I read, I was sitting in a mental swing, reaching higher and higher with each pumping pass, to the rhythm of your words.

    Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can only rousingly confirm the previous comments and add .... DEEEE LIGHT FULL!

    ReplyDelete